By GottaLaff

Could this be considered an audition for that open 7 pm slot we've been hearing about?As it turns out, MSNBC is in discussions with Ed Schultz about maybe, sorta joining them somehow, some way:
The Observer says it is “unclear what exactly the job would entail” if they reach an agreement, but notes that it has been speculated that Schultz is being considered as a possible host of his own show:When reached by phone on Friday morning, Mr. Schultz also denied that Mr. Griffin had made him an offer. He said that he had received some kind words from MSNBC management on the heels of his guest-hosting gigs. But, according to Mr. Schultz, MSNBC brass has given him no definite word yet about his future—if he has one—at the cable news network.
Speculation about Mr. Schultz’s future role at MSNBC has focused on two time slots: the 6 p.m. hour (currently anchored by David Shuster) and the 10 p.m. hour (which currently features a repeat of Countdown with Keith Olbermann).
I say go for the 6 pm slot. I don't know about you, but with my lame-o DVR constantly failing, telling me it's full when it isn't, I depend on Countdown replays more often than not.
I find Schultz to be interesting and unafraid to speak out. He reminds me of a liberal, and, obviously, likable (no comparison) Boss Limbaugh in terms of his vocal delivery, but I haven't had enough access to him yet to form a solid overall opinion. Randi Rhodes isn't a fan, but I've never been clear on why. Anyone know?
What do you think of him?