Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dolly Parton hoping Obama isn't a 'boob'

By GottaLaff

Parton spoke at the National Press Club Tuesday.
Odd choice of words, but I'm on my best behavior. No puns. I promise. None. He-e-ere's Dolly:

"Somebody said to me, 'Well, you know what — you've got such a big mouth and you know how to talk to people, did you ever think about running for president?'” the country singer told an audience at the National Press Club. I said, 'I think we've had enough boobs in the White House, but hopefully [President] Obama ain't gonna be one of them.'"

Parton, who is in Washington to promote the 75th anniversary of Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park, also joked a woman may be especially suited to show wrath against terrorist threats.

"Every 28 days, those terrorists better run deeper into them woods," she said, to laughter. "That's all I can say if we get a woman in there."

See? Not one pun. Now that's real discipline. But I gotta tell you, I'm about to bust.


Oops.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts