Saturday, April 3, 2010

$chool group'$ rea$on for Palin $peech: It need$ the money

By GottaLaff

Selfy McPayMe wants money, Stanislaus State wants money. Everyone wants money:

Tax records show leaner times for the college foundation now drawing fire for paying Sarah Palin an undisclosed sum to speak at Stanislaus State.

Overall collections by the California State University Stanislaus Foundation fell by more than half over the past decade, tax records show. Fewer contributions, in turn, crimp the foundation's ability to help students and the Turlock-based university. [...]

Now, the non-profit foundation hopes to regain momentum with Palin's June 25 appearance.

I suppose that must mean they think they'll sell out:

One university official said Friday that the $500 -a-head event in the school's 300-seat cafeteria was sold out but that names were being taken for a waiting list...
See? What'd I tell you?

Although, I have my doubts:

[U]niversity spokeswoman Eve Hightower later indicated the event wasn't sold out.

See? What'd I tell you?

I bet there are even a few people who aren't so thrilled Selfy's making an appearance:

Not all buzz, though, is positive. Some, in particular, question the speaking fees Palin has commanded since she quit her job as Alaska governor 18 months before her term expired.

See? What'd I tell you?

The Stanislaus State foundation is not obligated to reveal Selfy's speaking fee, but we're all well aware that she's been getting right around $100,000 for providing an endless supply of nonsensical run-on sentences enhanced by visual aids (read: hand notes).

But hey, it's all worth it if they can add to their coffers. Especially the non-profit ones.

For foundation officials, the controversy could be a price worth paying if it boosts their non-profit coffers.

See? What'd I tell you?

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts