Thursday, February 25, 2010

Imagine a health care summit under Bush or Palin...

By GotaLaff

Can you imagine George "Nuc-u-lar" Bush conducting a health care summit like the one taking place today? For eight years we had to suffer through the ramblings of an incoherent, illiterate embarrassment called "W"... most likely because it's all he could spell.

And for the past two years, we've had to endure his female counterpart, Sarah Palin. It's nearly impossible to imagine Palin and John McCain maintaining a televised meeting for 7 straight hours. I can't even fathom either of them having a semblance of knowledge about any given topic, let alone 7 hours worth.

As I listened to President Obama, I marveled at his expertise, his intelligence, his calm. Despite the fact that I don't agree with him on key issues, I value him, his patience, his professionalism, his abilities, and his evenhanded approach.

Yet Obama is branded a terrorist. Why? Because he's a threat to those who value power and profit over democracy. If the president passes health care, even if it's watered down and has no public option/Medicare extension (one area where we part ways), he wins. The Republicans lose. They are terrified.

The GOP is no longer accustomed to dealing with a leader who is more knowledgeable than they are, and a better arguer, someone who can cut through their spin and fear mongering. They are no match, and they know it.

And therein lies the real terror.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts