By GottaLaff
Cherie Blair has been dishing out advice to First Lady Michelle Obama - and warned her she faces having her views silenced.
In an astonishing article entitled 'memo to Michelle' the wife of former Prime Minister Tony Blair dispenses her views on how the First Lady should act now she is in the White House.
She tells Harvard-educated Mrs Obama that she cannot be seen to 'have power' and that her primary role is to support her husband.
Beg pahdon? I say, deah lady, you seem to have misplaced the 21st century.
In a series of questions for US magazine More, Mrs Blair is asked: 'So the spouse is discounted even though your marriage was originally one of equals?'
Mrs Blair replies: 'Yes. You have a partnership, and the man and woman are equally educated, but that dynamic changes suddenly when one of them is elected. [...]
'Your husband comes home at the end of the day, and the kids have been fractious and they've gone to bed and he hasn't seen them.'And you want to say, "Look I've had a hard day too, but I manage to get everything done and be here for you".
'And he says: '"You know I've been on the phone to president of China." There is no answer to that.'
Cherie Baby had often felt "silenced", she has said... athough it's widely known that she speaks on command, heels upon hearing a melodic "walkiee-e-es!", and even rolls over on occasion. Thankfully, she's learned not to beg. That's so unbecoming in a first poodle.
Asked how she should use that influence, she says: 'A first lady can have influence, but she cannot be seen to have power.
'She needs to identify causes that she wants to take on - but from an angle that isn't the hard policy angle. You don't want to give traction to your husband's opponents.'
Mrs Blair, 54, goes on to tell the February issue of the magazine: 'You know I'm a career woman. But I think in the end Michelle's primary role is to give her husband support and succour."
Yes, succour is exactly the word that comes to mind, only spelled differently.
