Friday, January 23, 2009

McCain the Maverick is Back


I thought "maverick" had been banned? At least he's causing problems for the R's so far and not the President. Via Taegan.

The Washington Post says "a joke made its way around the Capitol yesterday: How do you know the 2008 election is really over? Because John McCain is causing trouble for Republicans again."

Less than three months since his defeat, McCain "bears more resemblance to the unpredictable and frequently bipartisan lawmaker they have served with for decades than the man who ran an often scathing campaign against Barack Obama. In some instances, he's even carrying water for his former rival."

McCain on Larry King Live last night: ""These are difficult times and whatever way I can assist and work with the president of the United States, I want to do it. And again, the American people are tired of the bitter partisanship."

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts