By GottaLaff
A terrific comment from the equally terrific Mudflats blog. The blogger was at the anti-Palin rally that you can read about here, and watch in the video here:
I will make every effort to link to this blog as often as I can. I'd like us to help them succeed.Thank you mudflats. Thank you ten wonderful women who got this going despite threats (yes, threats) from opponents on the right. And thank you all you wonderful demonstrators who walked with me in front of the library yesterday. It was a truly uplifting experience. BTW, one person actually went around with a clicker counting everyone. At the time of the count, there were 1496 protesters and 93 Palin supporters.
Now to business: We have work to do in the next 2 months.
1. I would love these rallies to go viral. This one started a week ago with 10 women over coffee and grew to a huge rally. All you out in the battleground states can you do the same? Non-battleground states, too. I have heard some hints of this on the blogs, but would love to see it spread across the land. Get involved. If you are a loser at organizing (as I am) look for someone else’s and join it.
2. Write to newspapers all over the place. My local paper has a once per month policy that I’ve already used up so I am writing to newspapers all over the battleground states. The nice part about this is that you can write one really good letter and send it hundreds of places with cut and paste. Google a state name and the word newspapers and one of the first links is a list of all the papers in the state and their web sites.
3. Contribute what you can. This is too important to hold back. Alaska is awash in money from royalties from these obscene oil prices. The legislature has seen fit to give Alaskans a $1200 “energy rebate”. Mine is going to the Obama campaign. I’ll be adding some more of my own money, too. Every dollar helps.
4. Find your local Obama or Democratic Party office and ask them how you can help out. I am volunteering time when I can. They can all use your help in a number of ways. If anything puts us over the top it will be this army of Obama volunteers.Please, please, please do what you can. Our country is in serious trouble and needs your help.