By GottaLaff
Hundreds of protesters are outside the Loussac Library in Midtown Anchorage in a rally against Gov. Sarah Palin candidacy for vice president. At least 100 of Palin supporters are on the other side of the street. [...]It's the first public demonstration against Palin since she accepted McCain's offer on Aug. 29.
The protesters include a mix of Obama supporters, anti-war protesters, abortion-rights advocates and people upset that Palin asked a Wasilla librarian about removing books from the Wasilla library.
Protesters said they were surprised at the size of the crowd, and said it was the result of e-mails that have been forwarded over the past few days about the event.
"I was stunned when I was coming here; I ve never seen anything like this," said Marybeth Holleman of Anchorage.
Most of anti-Palin protesters are on the south side of 36th Avenue, in front of the library. The Palin supporters are across the street on the north side, with many shouting "Sar-ah! Sa-rah!"
The sweet, sweet sound of the tide turning.
