Wednesday, June 25, 2008

John Sidney McCain: I like losing

By GottaLaff


By all means, keep on running behind in the polls if that's how you feel:
Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Wednesday sought to reassure supporters in the face of some polls showing a widening lead for Democrat Barack Obama ahead of the November election. [...]

"I like that position," McCain said. "I like being the underdog."
He's such a good-natured guy that he even enjoys being disliked! That even-keeled, jovial old sap!

He said he did not believe most Americans would begin focusing on the presidential campaign until the time of the Democratic and Republican nominating conventions in late August and early September.

"So a lot of this polling data is pretty much, sort of, you know, 'Who do you like?'" the Arizona senator said.

Let's try to elucidate. That's what polls ask, John Sidney McDazedAndConfused: "Who do you like?" Remember?

McCain found a Gallup daily tracking poll more to his liking -- it had him and Obama tied at 45 percent.
Wait. I could have sworn he just now said that he likes being unpopular, and that polls are just a measure of who's popular and who isn't, and he's glad that he isn't because that makes him the ever-revered underdog, and that losing is a good thing and... and...

My head hurts. Let's see if I can clarify: He's a loser. He just hasn't figured out what that means yet... maybe he should ask Joe Lieberman.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts