GottaLaff
Oh. My. I. Am. So. Utterly. Surprised.
Rove said no to getting his butt kicked:
In a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), Karl Rove's attorney declines to make his client immediately available in response to a committee subpoena.What? Why? How? Huh? His lawyer is put off by the Committee's intentions? Maybe he should be more concerned about his client's thuggery. ::smacks head:: Silly me, that was irresponsible. We're talking about Rove here:
"Contrary to your letter of May 14, 2008," begins Rove lawyer Robert Luskin, "I do not misunderstand either the committee's procedures or the scope of its interest in Mr. Rove; nor, in light of your reported remarks about the need for 'someone' to 'kick his ass,' am I the least bit confused about the Committee's motives and intentions."So what's a Conyers to do?

After uttering the remarks to which Luskin refers — first reported here in the Crypt — Conyers suggested that he would use his authority to arrest Rove if he failed to comply with a subpoena and appear before the committee.Now's your chance, John Conyers. Go for it.