Friday, April 23, 2010

Million-Fan Anti-Obama Page Doesn't Break Facebook Rules

By GottaLaff

On April 15, I posted screen grabs of a(nother) horrific Facebook page wishing very bad things upon our president.

Here is one of the shots:



Today on Twitter, I've had a number of people ask me why the page hasn't been taken down yet, especially in light of all the reporting it to the powers that be.

Now we have our answer:

Our Roll Call colleague Daniel Newhauser reports that an anti-Obama Facebook page doesn't violate the site's standards. So it will stay up -- and keep annoying people who are offended at the idea of praying for a death.

Some standards.

When I first posted, the number of "fans" was at about 73,000. Guess what it is now...

Go ahead, guess. I'll wait.

... ... ...


... ... ...



That's right, 1,064,757 "like this." And that's just on a Facebook page.

1,064,757 "like" hatred, death, and this:

David Skinner: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. --- Thomas Jefferson

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts