
I keep on wanting to do this, but forget, so today I'll really do it. I get an email from Fact Check every week with questions that have been posed to them for debunking or correcting. I find them reflective of the stupid crap that floats around the intertubes.
Q: Would the "hate crimes" bill make it a crime to denounce homosexuality from the pulpit and give legal protection to pedophiles?Funny thing is that you can hear all of this repeated as truth on Fox News any day of the week.
A: No on both counts. The First Amendment is still operative, and pedophiles would get no breaks under this bill.
Q: Did Obama accuse veterans of "selfishness" and whining? Would he have forced them to "pay for their war injuries"?
A: This chain e-mail contains fabricated quotes and misrepresents a budget idea that the White House scrapped.
Q: Did gun control in Australia lead to more murders there last year?
A: This 'Gun History Lesson' is recycled bunk from a decade ago. Murders in Australia actually are down to record lows.