Friday, December 12, 2008

Rolling Stone nostalgia: People of the Year 2004 - Barack Obama

By GottaLaff

The original article is here. Good times:
Rolling Stone’s Obama commemorative issue, Barack Obama and the Triumph of Hope, hits stands today (it’s also available through BarnesandNoble.com). [...] Obama talks about Bush’s re-election and vows to not run for President in 2008.
I guess he changed his mind. Excerpt:
Q: [Y]ou must wonder if you've peaked too early. The media like to burn through their heroes quickly.
O: I don't mean to insult you, but the media can only drag you down if you take it seriously.
And here's a taste treat for dessert:
Q: What would most surprise people to learn about you?
O: Probably that I'm a failed jock. I love basketball, but my love for the game always exceeded my talents. I was pretty good but never really good. Also, I'm a reformed smoker; I think that surprises people. I quit, but then during the campaign when you're in a car driving through cornfields, occasionally I bum a cigarette or two. But I did all my drinking in high school and college. I was a wild man. I did drugs and drank and partied. But I got all my ya-yas out.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts