By GottaLaff
Laura Bush confirmed that she and the President are buying a house in Dallas, about two hours from his beloved Prairie Chapel Ranch in Crawford, Texas.
She broke the news while unveiling the White House’s patriotic Christmas décor this morning, explaining that her family will be "very careful" with spending this holiday to save up for their real estate purchase.
“We will be moving to Dallas in January and there might be a new house coming along. So I think that's where we'll spend our Christmas money," she added.
So they'll actually have residual Christmas money to spend... after they pick up a new house... which will be near their other house... which is part of an enormous "ranch".
I'm simply tickled to pieces that they're able to go shopping with all that extra leftover cash... in all those stores... that no longer exist... because they went under.
Hey! I bet, if all of us are very frugal and wisely save our pennies, we could buy a house, too! Made out of cardboard. Under a bridge. Location! Location! Location!
The couple is said to be looking in the upscale Highland Park area around Southern Methodist University, where Mrs. Bush attended college, and where the president intends to build his library and a policy institute.I hope they manage to qualify for a decent loan.
And that they, unlike a former Republican presidential candidate we know, can keep track of the number of homes they own.
