Wednesday, November 19, 2008

VIDEO: Perino celebrates Iraq War "victory"

By GottaLaff

This post by Spencer Ackerman is dead on. Cue the Jaws theme... Snark attack:

Ben Armbruster at ThinkProgress has what might count as the greatest Bush administration quote since “Mission Accomplished.” Commenting on the U.S.-Iraq Status of Forces Agreement, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino does her best George Aiken impression:

We believe that the conditions are such now that we are able to celebrate the victory that we’ve had so far and establish…a strategic framework agreement.

Yes! Just months ago, setting a date for withdrawal was abject capitulation. Today it’s victory! I don’t believe I really have to comment on why this is so painfully stupid. I’d rather start inflating balloons for V-I Day. When do you think the statues of Bush go up in Baghdad’s Firdous Square?

Dana Peroxide does it again.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts