
Fun story you can read here, but I pulled some amusing bits-
FAVORITE TV SHOWS
BARACK OBAMA: M*A*S*H: ''I grew up in the golden age of sitcoms. I think M*A*S*H was probably my favorite. Michelle's favorite is The Dick Van Dyke Show, which she sometimes now watches [in reruns]. I have to say The Dick Van Dyke Show ranks right up there.''
JOHN McCAIN: Seinfeld: ''There are shows we [referring to his wife, Cindy] agree on. We like the reruns of Seinfeld. I really like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I kind of like Dexter, too, although it certainly has a macabre side to it. I'll tell you that Cindy likes Big Love — I haven't watched it much, but she enjoys that. And I like The Wire a lot, too. That's a great show.''**
I think this next one is very telling-
FAVORITE SUPERHERO
BARACK OBAMA: Spider-Man: ''The guys who have too many powers, like Superman, that always made me think they weren't really earning their superhero status. It's a little too easy. Whereas Spider-Man and Batman, they have some inner turmoil. They get knocked around a little bit.''
JOHN McCAIN: Batman: ''He does justice sometimes against insurmountable odds. And he doesn't make his good works known to a lot of people, so a lot of people think he's just a rich playboy.''
**I never understood the popularity of Seinfeld.