By GottaLaff
On April Fool's Day, Tony Perkins came out with this:
"If you can't run a party, you can't run a country."
He told donors to withhold their money, to refrain from donating to the RNC. And he wasn't April Fooling.
Today is April 8th. It only took Perkins a week to come up with a new quote or twelve:
“I think the Republicans have to realize they're not operating in a vacuum. Now, while Democrats may be in trouble coming into November's election, the Republicans are not the only game in town,” Perkins told us on ABC’s “Top Line” today.Shorter Perkins: Shape up or we go all Tea Tantrum on you.
“As we see the Tea Party movement taking on a life of its own, the Republicans have some competition, which I think is actually good for the conservative vote. And they're going to have to be responsible with how they spend their money, they're going to have to be I think very measured in their message, and that they are embracing a conservative message …. ”
Shorter 2010 elections: