By GottaLaff
I had to read the "Demcorats didn't flinch" line twice before posting this. It's such a rarity that for a split second I thought the word was "Republicans", and that I'd hallucinated during a wishful thinking moment.
What is this wonderful new thing we call "unity"?
Rushpublic hypocrisy just won't cut it. The more the Dems expose it, call it out, and stand up to it, the more we will accomplish, while gaining support, respect, and ultimately votes. It's a win-win.Senate Democrats didn’t flinch in their support of appeals court nominee Goodwin Liu, refusing to further delay the Berkeley law professor’s confirmation hearing, now slated for April 16.
On Tuesday, all seven Judiciary Committee Republicans signed a letter to Chairman Patrick Leahy (D. Vt.) blasting Liu for failing to include in his initial nomination file dozens of articles or published remarks. [...]
Leahy responded in a “Dear Jeff” [Sessions] letter Wednesday. He noted that Republicans had twice delayed Liu’s hearing from its initial date of March 10. Liu came to Washington to find his March 24 hearing cancelled, leaving “behind his one-week-old son,” Leahy wrote. “As a new grandfather, I know you appreciate that sacrifice.”
