By GottaLaff
The future isn't looking too bright for ol' Harry these days:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid apologized Saturday following reports he had privately described then-candidate Barack Obama during the presidential campaign as a black candidate who could be successful thanks in part to his “light-skinned” appearance and speaking patterns "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."Mark Halperin and John Heilemann's new book Game Change provided that little tidbit. Ouch.
That had no chance of ending well. Nor was there any way that it wouldn't make it into a book. Or the InterTubes. Or the Tee Vee Machine. Or this blog post.
“I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words,” Reid said in a statement to CNN.
“I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African Americans for my improper comments.
“I was a proud and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama during the campaign and have worked as hard as I can to advance President Obama’s legislative agenda.”
He probably should have had the foresight, then, to realize his poor choice of words would be, ahem, unhelpful... especially to his own career... which could now extend into a stint at KFC?