Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Focus on the Hypocrites

By GottaLaff

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/02/james_dobson.06.01.07_lrg.jpg

I received a very interesting e-mail today from a friend who forwarded me correspondence between her and her insurance representative. The company? Principal.

Hmm, "Principal". Principal.... Why does that name sound familiar? Oh yeah:
[...] Focus on the Family provides its employees insurance through Principal, a company that -- you guessed it -- covers abortion procedures.
Yes, Focus on the Family uses Principal as its health care insurance. And Principal offers abortion coverage.

Funny, that same coverage won't be available under the government-sponsored plans if the Stupak anti-abortion amendment makes it into the final legislation.

As my pal in the e-mail wondered, do the House insurance plans "cover this evil procedure as well?"

Now check out the exchange between Principal and my friend (I removed names, but kept everything else intact):

-----Original Message-----
Subject: FW: Medical: Interest in an employer-sponsored product

Comments and Questions:

I am considering several different companies for my health insurance. My employer has given quite a wide variety of choices. As I am a pro-choice woman, I only wish to support those health organizations covering first-term abortions. Could you please reply via email or you may leave a message on my voice mail. I don't have much time and I am really hard to get hold of as I travel quite a bit.
Here is the reply:

------ Forwarded Message

From: _____ @principal.com

To: _________

Subject: Medical Coverage Inquiry

Dear Ms. ___ :

Thank you for using our website to contact us regarding medical coverage.

The first term elected abortions are something that is offered on our group plans. However, the employer has to choose this option for it to be covered on the plan.

If we can be of further assistance, please email us back by clicking on the ‘REPLY’ button on this page, or call the Principal Benefit Verification Line at 1-800-____.

Sincerely,

Principal Financial Group
How about that? Confirmation of Focus on the Hypocrites' coverage right there in black and white.
From: Laffy

To: Focus on the Family

Subject: Medical Coverage

Dear Focus on the Family:

Your jaw-droppingly pious, double-dealing, fraudulent b.s. makes me want to puke.

Have a good day!

Laffy

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts