By GottaLaff
Direct Messages are private Tweets between two people that are similar to "messages" on MySpace or Facebook, that only you and the sender can read, as opposed to open Tweets that can be read by everyone.
A couple of unlucky Republicans got hacked:
Two Republicans on Thursday became the latest victims of a "phishing attack" that has inconvenienced a number of Twitter users this week.
Followers of Florida senatorial candidate Marco Rubio were greeted for a portion of this afternoon by tweets advertising a Web site that sells colon cleansing products. Some subscribers of Tennessee gubernatorial candidate Zach Wamp's Twitter feed similarly received direct messages that them to visit a colon cleansing-related Web site.
I could make any number of tasteless jokes, but I hesitate to bring up the rear by making these two unfortunate Tweeple the butt of my craptastic jokes. So I'll butt out now, before I make an ass of myself.
