Monday, September 7, 2009

Health care survey by Republican State Rep: How much does Obama's plan suck?

By GottaLaff

A survey from Rep. Greg Davids, R-District 31B
Minnesota:


(click on image to enlarge)

What? What's that you're saying? The survey was slanted? Biased? Leading? Tut tut.

Sigh, okay, if I must, just to be fair and balanced... here is some rebuttal via letters to the editor over at the Fillmore County Journal:
I completed Rep. David's so-called survey on health care and returned it to him, telling him what a tin-hat wearing pointy-headed wingnut he is. It's a shame that the once great GOP has been hi-jacked by far-right extremists like him.
****
I'm disgusted with Rep. Greg Davids' health care survey. His questions validate the misinformation that has been going around. Regarding question four, illegal aliens are not included. Regarding number five, end of life counseling is given all the time when doctors can do no more for the patient and he/she has six months or less to live.
****
Your recent health care survey had me thinking because it does a disservice to the debate by fueling the fears of the public rather than helping to educate us. It does us a disservice to include questions within your survey that are misleading and have little to do with factual discussion on health care.
****
I just finished filling out your poll on health care. This is one of the finest examples of demagoguery I have seen. I will be keeping a copy of it in my collection of poll questions designed to provide a pre-determined result.
****
I have read Dr. R. L. Sauer's letter regarding my health care survey and would like to respond. First of all, I'd like to extend my thanks to Dr. Sauer for sharing his input and completing the survey.
Here's my own survey. It's really short, because I don't want to confuse the stupidest among us. Oh, and it's only directed at one person, Greg Davids:
What do you consider most important:

A: Encouraging honest input, whether it be agreement or dissent, from your constituents.

B: Freedom to be a dick.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts