By GottaLaff
Barack Obama is smart. He recognizes a Bush clone when he sees one:
Democrat Barack Obama accused Republican John McCain Saturday of not owning up to what Obama calls his "mistake" — saying that the U.S. has drawn troops down to pre-surge levels in Iraq.It's bad enough that John Sidney McSame represents a replay of abysmal Bush policies. The fact that he also mirrors the Chimpenfuhrer's inability to admit mistakes should be a huge red alarm to his supporters. You'd think this would be an eye-opener, wouldn't you?"We all misspeak sometimes," the Illinois senator told a crowd in Rapid City, South Dakota. "I've done it myself. So on such a basic, factual error, you'd think that John McCain would just say 'Oh, I misspoke, I made a mistake' and then move on. But he couldn't do that. Instead, he dug in."
Obama connected McCain's Iraq comments to President Bush's unwillingness to admit fault "when he was presented with facts that went against his views" on the war.
"Just like George Bush, John McCain is refusing to admit that he's made a mistake," the White House hopeful continued. "And that's exactly the kind of leadership that has got us fighting for five years in a war that should've never been authorized."
Then again, I keep forgetting how many voters choose to keep their eyes shut, blind to the most obvious, most dangerous failures of judgment by both Bushes: John Sidney and George W.