By GottaLaff
Oh...em...gee! I so totally wanna go to the DNC thingy!
[T]his Saturday’s Washington meeting to debate the seating of the Florida and Michigan delegations is officially the toughest ticket in town.The members of the Democratic National Committee’s Rules and Bylaws Committee – the panel weighing how both states should be represented at the convention in Denver – will meet very publicly, at a hotel site ringed with protesters and satellite trucks. Inside, they’ll be joined by a swarm of political journalists – and a few rank-and-file Democrats. Only about 300 people – including RBC members, press and public — will be allowed inside.
I gotta get ungrounded. Like, now. Like, immediately. Ooo! Maybe I'll wear my sister's new tank top and shorty shorts! This is like, so kewl. I hope they let me take cell pix. I am majorly into rules and bylaws and junk.
But hundreds of Democrats eager for a front-row seat to history found themselves out of luck today, as the party’s online registration system for the spots available to the public was overwhelmed at 10 a.m. ET, when it opened. All available seats were claimed in about a minute.
No way! This so sucks! They were out of tickets in, like, a nanosecond!
(By comparison: the Hannah Montana concert earlier this year at the Verizon Center – granted, a much larger venue – took roughly 12 minutes to sell out.)Hannah Montana is way cooler anyway. I so wanna be just like her instead of some old Democratic guy with hair plugs and a flag pin. Gotta go. Someone's texting me.