By GottaLaff
Howard Dean opened at the Rules Committee meeting with a story about Al Gore:
Was he signaling that Gore was about to weigh in on the Democratic primary, and that the Democrats should be listening?"I was very very angry at my party for some of the things that had been done," Dean said, going on to recall getting a phone call in the middle of the night from Al Gore, to whom Dean ranted and raved about his loss.
"What do I owe the Democratic Party?" Dean recalled telling Gore. "Why should I be a Democrat after what the party did to me?"
According to Dean, Gore responded: "Howard, you know, this is not about you. It's about your country."
"Nobody could have said that to me except for Al Gore," Dean continued, since Gore had had the presidency snatched from him by "five intellectually bankrupt Supreme Court justices who did the wrong thing."