By GottaLaff
Initially, when I saw The Boehner say this on the Tee Vee Machine, I was hopping up and down, all a-dither and a-gog at the apparent gotcha:
Of course, all my a-ditherage and a-gogitude was tempered by The Boehner's little tap dancery implication, "Hey, I'm not the one who said it, I won't call him that. I'm simply the bizarrely bronzed, orange-faced good cop, but hey, if Michael Steele wants to lie, it's fine by me."
And then there's this little nugget:
Ding!Boehner is lying. He has said that what Obama and Democratic leaders are doing is socialism. From his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference a few months ago:
Well, the stimulus, the omnibus, the budget — it’s all one big down payment on a new American socialist experiment. … All of these bills seek to replace our economic freedom with the whims and mandates of politicians and bureaucrats.
Basically, Boehner admitted today that all he was doing there was fear-mongering and attempting to scare the public for political gain.
Today on CNN’s State of the Union, Obama responded to these charges from conservative leaders, stating, “You know, I’m amused. I can’t tell you how many foreign leaders who are heads of center-right governments say to me, I don’t understand why people would call you socialist, in my country, you’d be considered a conservative.”