Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pelosi: “I don't even want to talk about a trigger”

By GottaLaff

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2009/07/pelosi-health-full-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

Ix-nay the igger-tray, says elosi-Pay:
Pelosi (D-Calif.) rejected the idea of a “trigger” for a public option. That means that the government-run healthcare plan would be a fallback option, enacted only if other reforms didn’t make healthcare more accessible. [...]

I don't even want to talk about a trigger,” Pelosi said at her weekly press conference. She said the “attitude” of her fellow Democrats is that “a trigger is an excuse for not doing anything.”

By dismissing a trigger, she also risks further alienating Blue Dog Democrats, who are angry at Pelosi's handling of the bill, particularly her push to include a public option supported by the liberal wing of the caucus. Blue Dogs at times have threatened to block the bill.
I do hope she heard about that whole CBO thing about a public option tied to Medicare saving $110 billion.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, Pelosi also promised to post health care reform legislation online for 72 hours before a final vote on the bill.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts