Friday, September 11, 2009

Texas school district apologizes for snubbing Obama speech

By GottaLaff

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/09-09-2009.n1a_09ObamaLEDE.GHU2MERVO.1.jpg
(via)

File this under Ya Might Wanna Think About Where You're Bussin' Them Kids:

ARLINGTON, Texas — Arlington Superintendent Jerry McCullough issued a statement Friday apologizing for how the district handled President Obama's live speech on Tuesday.

The decision not to show the speech live to school children became particularly controversial after it became known that the district had previous plans to bus about 500 fifth-graders to attend an event with former President George W. Bush. [...]

"In retrospect, I can see how the district's decisions concerning these two events could be seen as favoring one event over another," McCullough said in his written statement. He later said, "I apologize that my decisions on behalf of the district have disappointed or hurt people."

"In retrospect"? It didn't occur to him until after the fact? Really?

Gee, it's a good thing he can now "see how" that kind of thing "could be seen as favoring" Bush over Obama. In retrospect, one can see how McCullough could be seen as a douchebag, too. I'm not saying he is one, I'm just saying one can see how he could be seen as one.

At least he tried to cover his as-- I mean, at least he apologized. There's a lot of that going around. In fact, I can see how Rushpublic apologies could be seen as pretty meaningless.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts