Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mrs. Gramm-pa McCain: Vietnam vets with PTSD were 18-year-olds who didn’t know what they were doing.

By GottaLaff


Is Cindy McMealTicket really this stupid? This is a new low:
Q: You met your husband after his POW days. To what extent is that still with you - or is it a part of history?

McCAIN: My husband will be the first one to tell you that that’s in the past. Certainly it’s a part of who he is, but he doesn’t dwell on it. It’s not part of a daily experience that we experience or anything like that. But it has shaped him. It has made him the leader that he is.

Q: But no cold sweats in the middle of the night?

McCAIN: Oh, no, no, no, no, no. My husband, he’d be the first one to tell you that he was trained to do what he was doing. The guys who had the trouble were the 18-year-olds who were drafted. He was trained, he went to the Naval Academy, he was a trained United States naval officer, and so he knew what he was doing.

Good to know that Gramm-pa has no symptoms, and that all that training paid off. Then there was this little tidbit:
I’ll be very frank with you: I leave the politics to my husband and to his group — although I’m very involved in it, don’t misunderstand me...
Oh really? Is that right, Cin? Is that because you're not "alert" enought?
MC: You were addicted to painkillers in the early ’90s. What’s your advice to others?
CM: Beware. Beware.
It’s not anything that I ever thought I could succumb to, and it happened without my even knowing it. But I’ll tell you what it has done for me: It’s made me a much better and more alert mother.
Beware is right. Beware of hypocrites:
MC: What would be your priority as first lady?
CM:
Serving a cause greater than your own self-interest.
You might think about suggesting that to your husband and a few of his 82521650 lobbyists.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts