Saturday, May 24, 2008

The happy couple: Obama already planning transition to White House

By GottaLaff

I love a candidate who (realistically, as opposed to delusionally) thinks like a winner.

The Chicago Sun-Times has learned that Obama confidant Valerie Jarrett "is already teed up to be highly involved in transition planning -- to be ready if Obama is sworn in as president next January."

Given the limited time between the November election and the January inauguration, it's a common practice to start this planning early.
Imagining a White House filled in which people aren't interested in subverting the law every 2 days is filling me with sweet, idealistic thoughts of peace, prosperity, and good will. Okay, maybe I'm being unrealistic, but compared to what we have, I'm not quite off the deep end. Sigh. A president and vice president who show they care, for each other and their country: Bliss is actually within reach. ::cue blue birds tweeting::
Obama is looking for, in broad strokes, someone with complimentary expertise, who could be a successor, who he has good chemistry with and, in the political equation, would possibly help -- but certainly not hurt -- win electoral votes.
...and who likes long walks on the beach. I hope he finds the perfect mate. We wish them, and the rest of us, all the happiness in the world. Can someone tell me where Barack registered?

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts