Thursday, February 18, 2010

VIDEO: Alex Nester's American Idol Season 9 Audition #1: "THINK"

By GottaLaff

You all know my dear friend and former student, Alex Nester, by now. All my posts about her, including videos and amazing audio of her singing, are here.

Sadly, she got eliminated from American Idol the other night. She made it to Hollywood, she made it through group competition. Then, that was that.

Since American Idol didn't air any of her singing, not once, she has re-created her auditions on video:

My American Idol Season 9 Audition #1: "THINK" by Aretha Franklin! Since the producers decided not to air my actual audition I thought I'd recreate it for you! I got 4 yeses when I sang this for the judges in Denver btw!



I'd like to add that she sounds even better in person. This video doesn't do her justice, even though it's shows off those pipes of hers beautifully. Alex's personality and style fill a room, which is why she was invited, and did, cut CDs with The Four Tops and Frankie Valli, among others.

And she's only 25.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts