By GottaLaff
I really like Robert Wexler and will miss him. Where's he off to?
U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler, who represents Broward and Palm Beach counties, plans to resign from Congress.
He plans to announce his plans at a news conference Wednesday at 10 a.m. in Boca Raton.,
A Democratic source with knowledge of Wexler's plans said he is likely to take a public policy job that deals with the Middle East.
Wexler, a senior member of the House Foreign Relations Committee, has long been involved in issues involving Israel and Turkey.
More hints:
"The White House is keeping a tight lid on this one, but it's definitely not USAID," one well placed congressional source said.And this:
The Washington Independent is also hearing buzz about the ambassadorship to Israel.Who will end up replacing him? Go here for the names of a few likely candidates.
Sigh. He was always someone who I listened to when the cameras aimed his way. I'm sure wherever he finally ends up, he'll make us proud.