Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lieberman: "Obviously Barack Obama is not a Marxist."

By GottaLaff

Here's a snippet of the interview:

Watch CBS Videos Online

Here are some more excerpts, not included in the video
:

Couric: You said on whether Sen. Obama is a Marxist, you said "it's a good question to ask." Are you sorry you said that?

Lieberman: That's one of those things I wish I said more clearly. Obviously Barack Obama is not a Marxist.
Gee, thanks, Joe. That's kinda like saying, "For a fat pig, you don't sweat much." Too little, too late. He goes on:
Couric: You said it's a good question to ask.

Lieberman: But then I answered it and said, "no he's not Marxist." I said at the time that he's somewhat to the left of me on some issues.

Couric: What really irritated even enraged some Democrats was your speech at the Republican National Convention.

Lieberman: Yeah.

Couric: Did you understand at the time how nervy that might seem to some Democrats? How inappropriate?

Lieberman: I understood that I was doing something different as an Independent Democrat supporting a Republican candidate. But I did it not only because I felt so strongly on behalf of my friend John McCain, but because there is so much partisanship in our politics today that really stops us from getting things done for the American people. And in a speech that I would guess went 15 or 20 minutes, I spoke three sentences, which I believe were respectful, about Sen. Obama.
If Traitor Joe had been any more "respectful", he could have been sued for slander. Joe's an ass.

And I mean that with all due "respect".

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts