By GottaLaff
Here are a few excerpts that won't even begin to do the story justice:
President Obama simply stuck out his hand and asked for my name as he stepped toward me amid a bone-chilling drizzle in the Gardens of Stone.[...]What I got was an unexpected look into the eyes of a man who intertwined his roles as commander in chief and consoler in chief on a solemn day filled with remembrance and respect for sacrifices made - and sacrifices yet to be made.
I'm sure the cynics will assume this wasjust anotherObama photoop.[...]
I then told him I'm a reporter for the Daily News - but was just there to visit friends.
"Well, James," he said, looking me in the eye, "just because you're a journalist doesn't mean you can't honor your friends here."
The First Lady smiled and squeezed my hand. I thanked her for coming to Section 60.
Her face opened up into a smile filled with warmth and comfort, a welcome antidote for the weather and sadness around her. She said there was no finer place to be on Veterans Day.[...]
"Sorry for any inconvenience," a terribly polite Secret Service agent whispered in my ear.
Please read the rest here. Then join me in shaking my head slowly at those who continue to say the most offensive things about this president.
H/t: muttlikemeblog
