Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Misleading title-o'-the-day-- Sarah Palin: I'd come out ahead in run against Obama

By GottaLaff

Note: The title is that of the original article.


Earlier, I said this:
It never ends with Sarah Louise. Day after day, week after week, month after month, we are spoon-fed gift after gift.
And I was right:
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she'd come out ahead if she went one-on-one with fellow jogger President Barack Obama in a long run, according to an interview published online Tuesday.
P v. O? Head to head? One on one? Run on run? You betcha. She betchas! We all betcha!

"I betcha I'd have more endurance," she told Runner's World magazine.

::brakes scre-e-e-eching to an abrupt halt:: Endurance? Really, Miss Personality Disorder? Just a wild guess, but my money's on Obama's endurance on so, so many levels. Ya might wanna get back to us on how well you endured those Couric interviews.

So. Wanna switch lanes on that one?

"My one claim to fame in my own little internal running circle is a sub-four marathon. What I lacked in physical strength or skill, I made up for in determination and endurance."

There's that E word again. Okay, if you insist, Miss P.D. Endurance it is.

"I feel so crappy if I go more than a few days without running."

Hey, if there's one thing we wouldn't want Miss P.D. to feel, it's crappy.

"No matter how rotten I feel before or during a run, it's always worth it to me afterward. Sweat is my sanity," Palin tells the magazine.

Sweat is her sanity? That explains everything.

But she recounted one memorable run at McCain's ranch in which she fell coming down a hill.

Update: The fall, in addition to the Sanity Sweat, explains everything. I wonder if she sued McCain. He is worth quite a bit, in case you hadn't heard.

"I was so stinkin' embarrassed that a golf cart full of Secret Service guys had to pull up beside me. My hands just got torn up, and I was dripping blood. In the debate, you could see a big ugly Band-Aid on my right hand," Palin said.

I'm so stinkin' amused right now.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Posts