By GottaLaff
President-elect Barack Obama says he choked up a little bit when he left his empty house before flying to Washington. [...]He teared up... awww. Okay, time for a hug. I'll be right over. I'm almost sure the Secret Service will have no problem with that.
His family went to Washington on Saturday and left him to wander around his Hyde Park home alone.He said he found a photo album one of his daughter's friends left for the future first family and teared up when he looked through pictures.
Obama also said he wasn't looking forward to living in a hotel for the two weeks before he's allowed to move into his new home. He says he's lived in hotels during two years on the campaign trail.
UPDATE:
Here's the quote:
"Well guys, I am looking forward to seeing you guys in Washington... I gotta say I choked up a little bit leaving my house today."
"Malia's friend had dropped off an album of the two of them together. They had been friends since pre-school and I just looked through the pages and the house was empty and it was a little tough, it got me."
